Dickson Laizer, ECLEA-Tanzania national coordinator
Here we doing well and we are proceeding on our training programs.
Here I would like to present a short report from Jan - Feb including the follow-ups:
1) BASUTU: Here we had about 37 participants where we taught on Biblical Stewardship for full three days where the participants showed very much interest in learning. They were shocked on how Biblical Stewardship is so large and we never thought or taught about it. One overseer said, The only place I knew in the Bible is LK 16:1-6, which we use to teach on faithfulness in giving.”
FOLLOW-UP: About 21 senior pastors applied the teaching and gave testimonies that their people said, “Our pastors now have changed in teaching deeply and our life is transformed in every area of our lives. Now am happy and free to give more than 10%. I keep my environment in honoring God than fearing the government leaders.”
2) GHALAPO: Here we had more than 55 participants where we taught on Marriage and Parenting for full three days where many questions was engaged especially from the women about the different between Christian marriage and non-Christian. This is because many Christians have been living in traditional and culture marriage.
FOLLOW-UP: More than 37 pastors said, “We were so ignorant of the truth of the Bible thinking that we are saved while we have been bound in our tradition and culture.” Many of them said, “Now my church members are very happy in their marriage than before after attending this teaching.” There is no many conflict to couples because of this training. I have been invited to different churches to teach couples.
3) HYDOM: Here we had more than 34 participants and we taught Forgiveness and Reconciliation for three days where people gave their testimonies saying, “This topic is so important for us as church leaders because it carries the heart of the gospel. We use to preach the wrong gospel in judging and behind the truth good news which Jesus brought to earth people. This teaching turns on my heart and focus that I need Forgiveness from God, the way I have treating the word of God wrongly, and I need him to grant me the forgiving heart like him. Thank you ECLEA TEAM for your reaching out for us and all supporters from USA.”
FOLLOW-UP: 19 Pastors had applied the teaching to their congregations and 4 of them went out to other different denominations where after the seminar got more invitation to many pastors who did attend our class there. This has brought a big impact to these areas where the local coordinator said people are asking him for us to go back for the other course because they had seen our courses are powerful and very effective in transforming people’s lives.
4) GIDAS: This is a very remote area where we drove for one and half hours from Babati town in which churches have a great need for Bible training and where many overseers had never attended any theological college. Here we had 46 participants and we taught on Biblical Stewardship. People were to interacting with questions about tithe and false teaching. It seemed to be that all these people were not able to differentiate right teaching from false because they said “we are afraid of touching the anointed people of God.” But they had confused the way of responding to the gospel with giving more money. Some said they are giving to their churches and “worse enough is people coming to and asking us that I gave this and that for solving the problems but still are there.” They said, “We lacked the answers but now through this teaching and training we got through ECLEA MINISTRY has delivered us for the lost way; now am confident to confront this false teaching in my church by teaching all the congregation in using this book.”
FOLLOW-UP: The day we met 32 pastors and 5 church elders every one explained how they had been applying. They said, “The book has been very helpful as we use it to teach our people on a environment, false teachings, how to give to God in right way, the responsibility of the church to the poor, etc.” The challenges they face is on giving is that it is hard for people to change their former way of according to the different of denominations. So we advised them to lead by example in obeying the truth of the of word and not force people to change but let word change them.
5) ENGIKARETI: Here we had 42 participants and we taught on Biblical Stewardship where people showed interest to the teaching with a lot of questions. The testimonies seem to be the same saying they never being heard Biblical stewardship in this way: “ECLEA teaching is an opening eyes, removing ignorance which we had been dwelling in for long time. This teaching is meeting the need of the church today. This is a school and not a conference like other we had been attending which come and pass by and leave nothing behind. These three days are like three months. Thanks to ECLEA Ministry for coming and help us.”
FOLLOW UP: About 29 pastors applied the teaching and said church members give testimonies that their pastors preaching changed since they had attended the training course. Two overseers said, “I have taught to my branches leaders and they said we never heard you teaching this and agree to do the same teaching to others. This is bringing a great impact to our people.”
These are some the places we did our training and the follow up you see the big impact ECLEA making to different people and culture.
Best regards, Dickson
Stephano Edward was a participant at another recent conference and sent this separate note: February 24, 2019, "Last week for 3 days here in Babati we had a great time with ECLEA team doing the course on 1 Timothy. Pastors and church leaders enjoyed the course. It was among successful meetings in Babati. Really I thank God for it." Thanks. Stephano Edward
TOP OF PAGE